End of life planning resources and senior services:
- Dying with Dignity, CA law update: https://www.compassionandchoices.org/california-state-data-on-end-of-life-option-act-confirms-it-is-working-well.
- Digital Assets: We set up estate plans for our money, our homes, our keepsakes, our pets — but what about our digital assets? Your photos, your social media posts, and your music, books and other digital assets, are a key part of your legacy. Do these live on after your death? If so, who controls their use when you are gone? Visit: www.digitaldeath.com.
- Senior Network Services, 17th Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA (831) 462-1433, or visit: www.seniornetworkservices.org
- Hospice of Santa Cruz County, for hospice and palliative care (831) 430-3000, or visit: www.hospicesantacruz.org.
- Advocacy for patient rights (ombudsman) in long term care in skilled nursing facilitites or residential care facilities (831) 429-1913, or visit: www.Advocacy,Inc.org. Provides list of skilled nursing facilities in Santa Cruz County
- Professional Fiduciaries: www.pfac-pro-.org
- The Coalition for Compassionate Care of CA (916)489-2222.
- Family Meeting Facilitator: Karen Calcagno of Advantage Family Business Center (831) 475-4479, or visit: www.advantagefamilybusinesscenter.com
- End of Life Planning Guide, visit www.sevenponds.com
- Last Respects Consulting, Holly Blue Hawkins (831) 588-3040, consultant and deathcare advocate for environmentally appropriate burials, ethical/spiritual Wills, visit: www.lastrespectsconsulting.com
- Living and Dying Consciously Project: https://www.livinganddyingconsciouslyproject.org/resources
- Asset Preservation Strategies, for Medicaid & Veterans benefit planning for nursing & long term care: www.planningaps.com, (888) 666-8578
- End of Life/Aging Matters video series, NPT Reports, www.wnpt.org/agingmatters. Excellent, excellent in depth report on aging baby boomers in America and how healthcare is not prepared for tsunami of deaths.
- Evidential Spiritual Medium - psychic reading the dead. Michelle Murnin Paulson. www.afourytale.com
- Finalfootprint.com - What if your last impression on Earth benefited those you left behind? Natural caskets, green cemeteries, natural burials.
- Free Advanced Healthcare Directives at: PrepareforyourCare.org